The Underground.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile! Forum Layout is TEMPORARY.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moose the Foose

Moose the Foose

Minecraft Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft Thread    Minecraft Thread  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:44 pm

I shall begin this thread with a video.
Back to top Go down
Moose the Foose

Moose the Foose

Minecraft Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Thread    Minecraft Thread  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Moose the Foose

Moose the Foose

Minecraft Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Thread    Minecraft Thread  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:40 am

Rorschach DR1: An idea my brother suggested:

Idea for new passive mob:

Centipedes

They would look like centipedes, but they would have human faces. While all other minecraft blocks have low resolution (16x16) These mobs would have very high resolution (320x320) but only on the face of the centipede, while the rest of the body would maintain a low resolution. As you punched the mob, the face would look progressively more horrifying, as cuts would appear on the face and eventually it would appear as if the monsters face had been terribly bludgeoned. It would scream in a human voice and plead for you to stop killing it. Some ideas for what it would say:

"Please, please, stop it! Why are you doing this to me?!"
"Oh god I have a family!"
"This is so painful, just make it stop"

Towards the end, its screams would be replaced by gurgling noises. Once murdered, it would drop valuable drops, giving you incentive to kill it. Minecraft needs more emotion, so this would add that factor by presenting you with a terrible moral dilemma that would scar you for the rest of your minecraft experience. Some ideas for drops:

Blood: This would appear like water. There would be a source block that you could pick up, and the monsters blood would poor out from its corpse. This would allow you to create structures that weep blood and would act as mob bait.

Diamonds, gold, or iron: giving you more of an incentive to murder it.

After the centipede dies, baby centipedes would be attracted to the corpse, and would say things like:

"Daddy, daddy, why are you sleeping"
Crying noises
"You killed my father! WHY?!"

Killing the babies would yield diamonds, but only after the parent was killed. After ten centipedes are killed, every one in ten times you sleep the monster's bludgeoned face would flash on the screen, with a quick scream of "Why!?"

I think this idea could really improve the over all look and feel of Minecraft, and respond to complaints of the poor graphics of the game by adding a high resolution object. I hope you like my idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minecraft Thread  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Thread    Minecraft Thread  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Thread
Page 1 of 1